Quick, native speakers of English! You have one more day to apply to Mould the Future of Our Nation!
Sorry, you Singaporean native speakers will not get a relocation allowance if you are living in Jurong and need to teach in Punggol. Actually you cannot even apply, because the ad is for a UK audience.
I particularly liked the precise way they described some of the requirements:
...Humanities (e.g. English Literature, Geography, History, etc.)
...English (e.g. PGCE, TESOL, TEFL, etc.)
...or relevant teaching subject (e.g. Geography, History, etc.)
Etc., etc., etc.
The ad in The Guardian's classifieds:
Organisation: MINISTRY OF EDUCATION SINGAPORE
Location: Asia & Australasia
Date posted: 15 May 2006
Closing date: 15 Jun 2006
Ministry of Education
Moulding the Future of Our Nation
Teach in Singapore.
The Ministry of Education (Singapore) is looking for experienced, qualified native speakers of English to teach English as a first language, English Literature, Geography, History, Knowledge and Inquiry
We are looking for teachers who:
- Hold a relevant degree in English Language or Humanities (e.g. English Literature, Geography, History, etc.)
- Have a recognised Teaching Certificate in teaching English (e.g. PGCE, TESOL, TEFL, etc.) or relevant teaching subject (e.g. Geography, History, etc.)
Newly qualified teachers are encouraged to apply but they MUST have completed the induction year.
You can look forward to:
- An attractive remuneration package (including medical and dental benefits, and bonus upon successful completion of contract), depending on qualifications and verifiable working experience
- Relocation allowance (one-time baggage and lodging allowance, free economy air passage for candidate, spouse and 2 children below the age of 18 to Singapore on first appointment)
- Return air passage upon successful completion of contract
- Interest-free settling-in loan
You can view the video recording of our online career seminar held on 23 April 2006 on the website.
All terms and conditions are subject to review and change from time to time without prior notification. The Ministry of Education (Singapore) reserves the right to decide on the terms and conditions to be offered. No reasons will be provided for selection and non-selection of candidates.