Update: I made a mistake in the post and did not attribute a tweet by @LorenzoZanirato correctly. This has been corrected. Sorry, dude. My bad. I blame my meds.
In epic fail news today, North Korea's rocket crashes minutes after launch: "North Korea's rocket launch ends in failure".
Kim Jong Un pledges to last longer the next time.
Kim Jong Un shall henceforth be known as Kim Jong Unabletolaunch.
If Singapore launched a rocket, we would not have failed like the North Koreans, because we know to use cable ties.
And, as @visakanv says, Singapore would put together a committee to name the event, and then after paying millions for the consultation, name it "The Singapore Rocket Launch".
Maybe Kim Jong Unfazedbyitall will blame the aliens from the Battleship movie for his equipment failure.
Since we are on the topic of Battleship: Tell me, why would an alien race able to fly across the depths of space to earth, choose to fight us in a sea battle? With ships that hop?
I wonder, if Singapore launched a rocket, what would it be like?
1. @mrbrown: #ifSingaporelaunchedarocket We'd invite only foreign rocket scientists to pitch for the design. Until the local rocket scientists complain.
2. @mrbrown: #ifSingaporelaunchedarocket The rocket would be named, after a million-dollar naming exercise, The Singapore Rocket.
3. @kixes: #ifSingaporelaunchedarocket that failed, ST's headline would read, "Min of Defense says Singapore Rocket good first effort".
4. @LorenzoZanirato: #ifSingaporelaunchedarocket Singaporeans would have complained that "even 3rd world countries like North Korea have better transport system".
5. @derekcheww: #ifSingaporelaunchedarocket it'd be an integrated rocket. (And Singaporeans must pay $100 to see the launch. Foreigners free.-mb)
6. @mrbrown: #ifSingaporelaunchedarocket Malaysia will protest and say the recipe came from them first.
7. @mrbrown: #ifSingaporelaunchedarocket Bukit Brown will be the launch site because we cannot stand in the way of progress and development.
8. @mrbrown: #ifSingaporelaunchedarocket Dr Mahathir will insist on building a bigger Malaysian one and it will be crooked.
9. @paperless2012: #ifSingaporelaunchedarocket it will be launched during General Elections =)
10. @mrbrown: #ifSingaporelaunchedarocket The launch pad will be named Esplanade Station even though the launch site is in Tuas.
11. @weizhu: #ifSingaporelaunchedarocket Must get aunties to pat the launchpad first.
12. @mrbrown: #ifSingaporelaunchedarocket to the moon, we would already have sent a smaller rocket beforehand with a tissue packet.
13. @kixes: #ifSingaporelaunchedarocket the launchpad would be called one-launch. All small caps. 'Cos cooler liddat.
14. @MrJohnHoHoHo: #ifSingaporelaunchedarocket Yam Ah Mee will be the one to do the countdown.
15. @mrbrown: #ifSingaporelaunchedarocket Vivian Balakrishnan will say that, even through the launch cost 3 times more than budgeted, it was worth it.
16. @mrbrown: #ifSingaporelaunchedarocket Teo Ser Luck will be asked to cheer for the rocket, with one last cheer for himself.
17. @mrbrown: #ifSingaporelaunchedarocket Tan Chuan-Jin will engage with nature & heritage groups as the rocket starts its engines.
18. @mrbrown: #ifSingaporelaunchedarocket Singaporeans will not want the launch site at their estate because old people are smelly and sometimes die.
19. @dee_kosh: #ifSingaporelaunchedarocket could we tie Steven Lim on it?
20. @lianglin: #ifSingaporelaunchedarocket the countdown will be in 4 languages.
21. @blackadlerqueen: #ifSingaporelaunchedarocket They would get The Dim Sum Dollies to make a jingle called, "Love your rocket."
22. @Fake_MINDEF: #ifSingaporelaunchedarocket All our men would expect it to last at least 20 minutes.
23. @mrbrown: #ifSingaporelaunchedarocket The astronaut would be afraid to take a seat for fear of getting Stomped.
24. @mrbrown: #ifSingaporelaunchedarocket It would travel slower when it rains because the rails are wet.
25. @memeranglaut: #ifMalaysialaunchedarocket it will be 10 times the price, half the size and must use the name 1RocketMalaysia
26. @mrbrown: #ifSingaporelaunchedarocket Low Thia Khiang will insist on being the copilot.
27. @crystalgeek78: #IfSingaporelaunchedarocket there would be a shopping mall attached.
28. @sleetm: #ifsingaporelaunchedarocket there would be a smaller Filipino rocket to carry its fuel.
29. @TommyWee: #IfSingaporeLaunchedARocket It will be delayed.
30. @crapthree: #IfSingaporelaunchedarocket Expats may get a more "exclusive" package to watch the live telecast on Starhub channel
31. @TommyWee: #IfSingaporeLaunchedARocket It will require three manufacturing quotes before it's made in China.
32. @mrbrown: #IfSingaporelaunchedarocket Yale university will complain that our rocket lacks academic freedom.