Man, I'd hate to make a newspaper photographer/editor buay song with me. Look at this photo of beleaguered Pastor Kong Hee of City Harvest Church, who, along with four others, has been charged by the authorities with alleged misuse of church funds to fund the pop music career of his wife, Ho Yeow Sun.
Not the most attractive photo, methinks.
Heck, if I was in trouble with the law, and I pissed off the press, my newspaper photo may look like this:
I think GE2011 would've been an even more interesting GE if this case was announced back then. But of course, gahmen needed a lot of time to investigate mah. The delay had to do with GE one. Now to see if people have long memories in GE2016.
Here are some links to blogs discussing this topic from different perspectives. Please note that inclusion of a link in this list does not constitute any endorsement of its views. I may update this list if I find any other writings of note:
1. Mother, Inc: City Harvest, My Church
2. Talk Rock: I am Angel of Heaven Rockson Takumi Tan!!! You will kiss my Horse!!!
(WARNING: NSFW due to massive use of profanity. You have been warned.)
3. syntaxfree: Gyrating For Jesus: A Pow-Ka-Leow Guide To Sun Ho’s Greatest “Hits”
4. Samuel Caleb Wee: Death of A Halo: Of Kong Hee, CHC, and Christianity
5. Facebook note by Yio Jin Xian: Dear City Harvester