One of the things that struck me was how we tend to say certain things during family vacations. I suddenly felt myself sounding like my late father, on family vacations when I was a kid. It was a blast to hear others share familiar lines on Twitter.
Things you find yourself saying on family vacations:
1. @mrbrown: "Son, the bath tub is not a pool! Shower and get out quickly!"
2. @mrbrown: "Wife, I have set up internet sharing via wifi and the network is up."
3. @kennethkongk: "I have just boiled the water/ made ice in the freezer."
4. @mrbrown: "Why does Papa & Mommy get the room with the tv? We wanted you have the bigger room."
5. @eugenekyj: "The safe password whose birthday ah?"
6. @mrbrown: "Children, the drinks and snacks in the hotel fridge are NOT free."
7. @kennethkongk: It's actually "DON'T OPEN THE MINIBARRR!"
8. @Aarindill: "Can ask for one more pillow?"
9. @mrbrown: "No, we are not there yet."
10. @mrbrown: "You can't drink from the tap water!"
11. @mrbrown: "No, you may not play with Papa's iPhone. Papa needs it for work. Go ask for Mommy's."
12. @mrbrown: "The mobile USB charger, quick! My iPhone dying!"
13. @samsies_: "What time is morning call tomorrow?"
14. @yann99: "Dear, did you bring toothpaste?"
15. @Jeremy_Yew: "Anyone found the hair dryer yet?"
16. @Jeremy_Yew: "This floor got ice machine or not?"
17. @ThatKX: "Hurry up! We are going to be late for breakfast!"
18. @Jeremy_Yew: "This one equals how many Sing dollars ah?"
19. @moemasri: "This hotel got ghost or not?"
20. @samsies_: "That's no more room in the luggage for another pair of shoes, honey."
21. @EeyenLim: "Eh, can put your ezlink card in the card slot so the aircon doesn't off?"
22. @_riotous: Let's save all the shopping for the last day okay?
23. @cheguthamrin: "1,2,3… Where's ANOTHER PASSPORT UH?!?"
24 @nicholascho: "I think Singapore one cheaper."
25. @mrbrown: "What do you mean you lost your immigration/ customs clearance card?"
26. @mrbrown: "The aircon is too cold."
27. @mrbrown: "The aircon is too hot."