Once again, it's National Day Rally time! 3 hours of PM dominating most of the TV channels. Ok, maybe not the full three hours because he has a new band opening for him this year.
Here are some tweets from our annual #ndrsg ritual:
1. @mrbrown: Wah PM knows how to make a smiley! RT @leehsienloong: My staff will be helping me to tweet while I'm on stage. :) - LHL #ndrsg
2. @mrbrown: Must teach PM more emoticons! This is me waiting for #ndrsg
............( @ @)
3. @mrbrown: Ok. My last emoticon didn't look so hot on mobile twitter. Here's another emoticon for PM @leehsienloong to try: ლ(ಠ益ಠლ) #ndrsg
4. @Fake_PMLee; I am getting a few speakers to speak during this year’s #ndrsg. What’d you expect? Cut my pay lah, I talk 33% lesser.
5. @mrbrown: Me: "#ndrsg gonna start soon!"
Father-in-law: "No lah. PM speaking later. Now only the kalefare speaking."
6. @Gdy2shoez: @mrbrown I think he meant 'opening acts' #ndrsg (Nope. He meant kalefare. -mb)
7. @mrbrown: It's really weird to watch Halimah Yacob speaking in Malay for #ndrsg but a Chinese dude's voice coming out of the tv.
8. @mrbrown: This year's #ndrsg set/backdrop very the orbeet leh.
9. @mrbrown: Education Minister Heng Swee Keat looks like that Hong Kong actor who always acts as a father one. http://twitpic.com/anwrud
10. @mrbrown: And now it's #ndrsg toilet break for the fellas at the hall.
11. @CelineShanmugam: Can someone explain why couldn't @leehsienloong just speak and be done with. If this is a build up. Epic fail. #ndrsg
12. @mrbrown: I am watching the #ndrsg in Chinese #likeaboss (also because my father-in-law wants to watch it in Chinese).
13. @mrbrown: Me, shouting at my kids playing too loudly: "Oi! Papa trying to listen to #ndrsg to find out if PM is giving angpow this year! Quiet!"
14. @mrbrown: Wah PM using the Last Time 1960s We Are Kampung Card. 2012 liao leh. #ndrsg
15. @mrbrown: Wondering whether there is a lighted sign at #ndrsg for the audience that displays "APPLAUSE", "LAUGH", "BIG LAUGH" and "WOOHOO".
16. @miyagi: We need a new #Singapore story. Don't wait for Govt to write it. It's a DIY job. #ndrsg
17. @mrbrown: PM mentioning the remote controlled helicopter camera used to film Jack Neo's #AhBoysToMen movie. My scene was shot with that camera. #ndrsg
18. @mrbrown: When PM said UAVs may replace SIA in future, but probably not the Singapore Girl because you need the human touch, I hurhur-ed. #ndrsg
19., @mrbrown: Someone tell that fella at the back row that he cannot use flash photography at #ndrsg Quick, Speech Police, catch him.
20. @mrbrown: You know what will spice up this #ndrsg ? PM breaking into #gangnam style.
21. @mrbrown: "Ehhhhhhh Seksay Rally!" #ndrsg #gangnam style.
22. @mrbrown: Somebody give PM something more modern to use than a green laser pointer. Please. #ndrsg
23. @mrbrown: PM is a secret Star Wars nerd. He just identified an AT-ST walker. Props. #ndrsg
24. @mrbrown: Paternity Leave? Awesome. #ndrsg
25. @mrbrown: PM at #ndrsg : No homework is not necessarily a bad thing. My 8-year-old, Isaac: YESSS! My 6-year-old, Joy: I LOVE YOU, PRIME MINISTER!!!
26. Tomorrow MOE will look into how to introduce a new module to the curriculum called "Having Less Homework". #ndrsg
27. To celebrate becoming our 6th university, Singapore Institute of Technology may be renamed Singapore Hightech Institute of Technology #ndrsg
28. When PM said it's time he stopped saying No to paternity leave, fathers all over S'pore heard Yes to Counter-Strike: Global Offensive #ndrsg