In what was the longest Facebook outage in recent times, social media fans faced having no Facebook for all of twenty minutes. In that period, experts tell us that workplace productivity went up by 200%.
Just imagine, if Twitter and Facebook went down together, we’d have to go out and actually talk to people face to face. *shudder*
With the Facebookless masses rushing to Twitter to feed their fix, I asked my Twitter followers the things they did when Facebook was down.
1. @mrbrown: Looked for my Google+ password.
2. @Anders_Ong: Refresh Refresh Refresh Refresh Refresh Refresh Refresh Refresh Refresh Refresh Refresh…
3. @cynn04: I actually did some work.
4. @mechaniqa: Rewrote Ophelia in Modern English.
5. @kallangfortis: Reactivate my Friendster account…
6. @jakachuuu: Found Waldo.
7. @mrbrown: Took a dump.
8. @mrbrown: Wrote the sequel to The Iliad.
9. @mrbrown: Built a house.
10. @mrbrown: Finished reading War and Peace.
11. @HongJieOng: Faced my book =/
12. @icelava: Phoned my friends to tell them how much i disagree with their political opinions.
13. @mrbrown: Rebooted the Spider-Man and X-Men franchise.
14. @mrbrown: Had an iced latte kosong and a fresh fruit tart.
15. @mrbrown: Made #ThingsIDidWhenFacebookWasDown trend on Twitter.