From the Home Office at the former CLOB, here's the Top Ten list...
Top Ten things to do with the old ALS shelters.
You know those pale blue kiosks or booths that sheltered the Cisco police women who stand guard at all the entries to the Restricted Zone? Well, with ERP, there is no more Cisco policewomen. I just passed by these booths, and it had a sign, "Closed". Well, I was thinking, we can't just waste resources like this. So here now are the top ten suggestions on what we can do about the ALS shelters.
Heeeeeeere we go:
10. Place on platform of Woodlands train checkpoint for Malaysian CIQ, if ever they want it.
9. Renovate and sell as latest in ultra-small landed property especially for this economic situation.
8. Auction them off during this 7th Moon.
7. Offer them as emergency alternate housing for sacked deputy prime ministers who have to vacate their official residence on short notice.
6. Give one to Habibie as a token of our esteem. Tell him its a condom specially made for him.
5. Stack them all up and sell it as pre-fab Executive Condos.
4. Put them at East Coast and rent them out as Chalets.
3. Officially designate them as "Super-hero changing rooms" so phone booths won't be inappropriately used.
2. Sell one to M1 to convert into a telecommunications satellite and send it into orbit.
And (drumroll)... the number one thing to do with the ALS shelters.
1. Let petrol stations give them out as souvenirs instead of boring packs of tissues.
[Cue music, "House of the Rising Sun"]
Contributed and written by Gabriel "Loco Lobo" Goh