« July 2011 |
| September 2011 »
I was told to put this on my blog to "bring the Singaporean economy to its knees" (complete with a dastardly "Muahahaha!"). Since I am hopelessly addicted to this game, I thought you might like to try Kingdom Rush too.
Go ahead, click on the link. You know you want to.
Posted on Thursday, August 04, 2011 at 10:58 PM in Random Rants | Permalink
We follow the Naval Divers as they make that jump out of a Chinook helicopter for the NDP D3 display!
Youtube link: http://mrbrwn.co/pXdtLO
Posted on Thursday, August 04, 2011 at 09:41 PM in Events | Permalink
Original Video at tinypic
Update: Seems the yanking is also happening on Youtube... In case this new one is yanked too, here is a link to a tinypic version and a Filesonic download link.
Malaysia's 8TV channel yanked these Ramadan Public Service Announcement (PSA) TV commercials after a public backlash against the racial stereotypes being portrayed.
(Please be civil in the comments. I will swing the Ban Hammer if I need to.)
As a commenter shared, here is a PSA by Petronas that is done well.
Posted on Wednesday, August 03, 2011 at 09:53 AM in Random Rants | Permalink
I check out the new mine-clearing Trailblazer vehicle and the High Mobility Artillery Rocket System (HIMARS)!
Youtube link: http://mrbrwn.co/o5y9si
Posted on Tuesday, August 02, 2011 at 06:57 PM in Events | Permalink
Now I can't get the mental picture out of my head.
Posted on Tuesday, August 02, 2011 at 12:50 PM in Gallery | Permalink
I happened to do this little Facebook thingie at iamsingaporean.sg and the results, based on its, ahem, "analysis" of my Facebook account, was that I was 34% Singaporean.
To which I responded, "Wah lau eh! How can? I is 101% Singaporean, ok?"
So I decided to show my Singaporean-ness with the #iamsingaporean hashtag (and also since National Day is around the corner). Others soon joined in. It was a blast.
1. @mrbrown: #iamsingaporean because I celebrate Singapore beating Malaysia at the World Cup qualifiers as if we won the World Cup.
2. @mrbrown: #iamsingaporean because I complain about our public transport at home but complain other countries' aren't as good as ours when I'm overseas.
3. @mrbrown: #iamsingaporean because I take my kids to Changi Airport just for fun.
4. @shunfumart: this is on my wife's behalf. #iamsingaporean because my fridge is full of sachets of chilli sauce/ketchup from fast food outlets.
5. @shunfumart: wife again. #iamsingaporean because I never leave home without at least one small packet of tissues
6. @smithankyou: #iamsingaporean coz i have the 4 Kia. Kia Su, Kia Si, Kia Bor, Kia Gahment
7. @giftofthegabb: #iamsingaporean because I squeeze every fruit in the supermarket just to choose one.
8. @judacris: #iamsingaporean because I eat mee siam, mai hum. (Hey me too! —mb)
9. @shobhav: #iamsingaporean and proud of it
10. @mrbrown: I go to Malaysia and smuggle chewing gum back because I am #iamsingaporean
11. @JustStephy: #iamsingaporean because whenever I buy things, I always request for a new piece, if not I won't buy it.
12. @mrbrown: #iamsingaporean because I test a new car's roadworthiness and quality by opening and closing its door at the showroom.
13. @jayleif: #iamsingaporean because i hold on to my trash until i find a bin - even when overseas. (I thought I was the only one, lol —mb)
14. @alafista: #iamsingaporean because I always press the dispenser for a new drinking straw instead taking the one that is hanging outside.
15. @sashizoso: #iamsingaporean because I read more about @Fake_PMLee than the real one.
16. @elvinxing: #iamsingaporean because I used to drink chocolate milk from pyramid shaped tetra packs & collect erasers to conquer nations.
17. @twostoreys: #iamsingaporean because I loved singing Semoga Bahagia on Children's Day… without understanding what it REALLY meant.
18. @mrbrown: #iamsingaporean who lives in a country plagued by Godzilla-sized dengue mosquitoes.
19. @rubberquackduck: #iamsingaporean because I follow @mrbrown. (And #iamsingaporean for always trying to follow back. Thank you. —mb)
20. @miyagi: #iamsingaporean because I try to reverse park everything including my bicycle.
21. @TheGreenBush: #iamsingaporean because I have no qualms about Ramadan Bazaars and Getai Shows happening in the same month :)
22. @mrbrown: I jab the traffic light button repeatedly as if it will make the green man come faster because #iamsingaporean
23. @ShunfuMart: I wish #iamsingaporean. Then even if I am having an 'off day' that would actually be a good thing.
24. @rachel_tan: #iamsingaporean because I can not just recite but even SING this: "Regardless of race, language or religion, so as to achieve, happiness..."
25. @acappellaaddict: Love reading these #iamsingaporean tweets, even though I'm not officially Singaporean yet. Thursday's the day! (WELCOME!!! —mb)
26. @whatthenathan: #iamsingaporean because I count Sentosa as 'overseas' (Miyagi calls it Singapore's Last Resort Island, haha! —mb)
27. @julietlah: @mrbrown's #iamsingaporean is hilarious. Here I am queuing at the bank laughing while reading his tweets! :D
28. @timothyhou: #iamsingaporean because my friends in Singapore with school-going kids know the primary schools within 2km radius of their homes.
29. @reeneho: #iamsingaporean because I take toiletries from hotels every night so they can refill with new ones.
30. @skinnylatte: #iamsingaporean cos like most of the population I don't know the language of the national anthem, so I anyhowly sing Majulah Singapura one.
31. @contrabandkarma: #iamsingaporean because I talk shit about my country all the time, but the moment a foreigner does that, he's toast.
32. @absolutepinghan: #iamsingaporean because I have to pay 10c to go toilet.
33. @smithankyou: Pursuant to Section 49, Sub-section 7e, Paragraph A of the Parliamentary Elections Act, I declare #iamsingaporean.
34. @jz_he: #iamsingaporean because I will go buy TOTO/4D/Bigsweep when birds shit on me.
35. @womenwoes: #iamsingaporean because I beat my seat before I sit down!
36. @mrbrown: #iamsingaporean because tissue packets can stop me from occupying a table. In a war, tissue packets will be our army's downfall.
37. @BinoClare: #iamsingaporean because if there's long queue, it must be good.
38. @kelltainer: #iamsingaporean because I love fun pack songs!
39. @jogabenita: #iamsingaporean because I am afraid to walk directly beneath the windows of HDB flats. (Dad used to berate us for doing just that! LOL! —mb)
40. @sruthykumar: #iamsingaporean because I swear in multiple southeast asian dialects but when someone says f*** in a valedictorian speech, I complain.
41. @Muckysock: #iamsingaporean because i hear ghosts dropping marbles upstairs in my hdb all the time.
42. @makedonosweat: #IamSingaporean when we women refer to the 3rd kid as having done our share of National Service. (My wife did her NS liao —mb)
43. @iamFrdz: #iamsingaporean because I bought a whole box of Indomie from Batam just because I have spare Rupiahs
44. @darkonfire: #iamsingaporean because I watch Crimewatch for entertainment value instead of treating it as a public service programme.
45. @I_Nayra: #iamsingaporean because I find the overcrowding skyscrapers on the right side of ECP and the S'pore flyer on the left very romantic.
46. @ShunfuMart: I only stay at company dinners until just after the lucky draw, as if #iamsingaporean (Lucky Draw is The True Singapore Icon. —mb)
47. @TommyWee: #iamsingaporean because I laugh at the NDP, but will watch it anyway, just to laugh some more. #amusementvaluesuperhighthatone
48. @mrbrown: #iamsingaporean because I like seeing my hashtags trend. Thank you all for the fun responses! Keep it going!
49. @miyagi: #iamsingaporean because I have at least once, sung an extra "ma" at the end of the national anthem.
Posted on Monday, August 01, 2011 at 11:39 PM in Musings | Permalink
If you're going to deface another country's flag after losing a match, at least use spellcheck.
Posted on Monday, August 01, 2011 at 06:05 PM in Gallery | Permalink
We have a treat for you fans of the perennial NDP faves, the Red Lions skydiving team. Let me take you up for a close-up look at their jump. All the way to 10,000 feet.
Youtube link: http://mrbrwn.co/qzRDIc
Posted on Monday, August 01, 2011 at 01:21 AM in Events | Permalink