I thought it was sweet of PM to share what he had for dinner on Facebook. But the Straits Times thought it newsworthy enough to publish as news:
Really, ST? "Breaking News: PM posts dinner menu on Facebook"?
Hey ST, last night for dinner, I had Nasi Goreng Ayam Paprik & Teh-Orh Ice Limau Kurang Manis. No fruit. In case you need news.
Maybe the headline tomorrow will be, as @lynnylchan says, "Breaking News: Noted blogger admits to not eating fruit!"
Here are some choice tweets from #whatihadfordinner:
1. @humswhilepeeing: Chicken Chop with Potato Salad and Fries. No fruits. #whatihadfordinner #thuglife
2. @yanyi_: Economic rice #whatihadfordinner
3. @jeffcheong: Bread with traffic jam. #whatihadfordinner
4. @kosongice: I had chap chye peng with sweet and sour fish dish leh. Considered got fruit not ah? #whatihadfordinner
5. @sashizoso: KFC double down sandwich Need to go for a heart bypass now. Definitely no fruits. #whatihadfordinner
6. @Jemkhoo: my mum's yong tau foo #whatihadfordinner
7. @_underjoyed: #whatihadfordinner Hong Kong claypot from Amoy, seriously good!
8. @SonicShadow: Cookhouse food from Jurong Camp I. I don't know if you can consider the fruits there as "fruits." #whatihadfordinner
9. @raining_on: #whatihadfordinner Ice cream. Life is short, eat dessert first. Also definitely had fruits, it was strawberry ice cream. :D
10. @omgitsjosie: Cigarettes and wine. Grape is a fruit right? #whatihadfordinner
11. @groovemonkey: Rib-eye with gorgonzola butter, Lyonnaise potatoes and a caesar salad. And wine. lots of wine. #whatihadfordinner
12. @Aleeshstaaa: #whatihadfordinner yesterday, the day before and the day before: cup noodles.
13. @quitemindy: I haven't had dinner yet. So #whatihadfordinner will be breaking news later with live status updates. (Journalists standby! -mb)
14. @MizHalle: #whatihadfordinner Sushi, and a mango. I am the only person on my friends list who eats fruits daily!
15. @bmc_stephen: #whatihadfordinner last night? Kweitiaw goreng di Jakarta. Same as char kwek tiao bo harm (no cockles)…
16. @rebeccawang316 I had chicken katsu curry at Liang Court basement. Can't afford the fruits. Watermelon costs S$49/pc in meidi-ya. #whatihadfordinner
17. @isftish: #whatihadfordinner chye tau kuey. Kuey means fruit right?
18. @Futurachel: #whatihadfordinner? Antibiotics.
19. @omgitsjosie: This would be a good time to launch my cooking blog http://riotinthekitchen.tumblr.com #whatihadfordinner
20. @sonydjuana: #whatihadfordinner I ate fruitella, that is fruit right?
21. @kixes: #whatihadfordinner Rice and egg and some tofu. No fruits but I ate with my mum, who can be a fruitcake.
22. @hai_ren: #whatihadfordinner Burger King Whopper meal. Do tomato ketchup and iced lemon tea count as "fruits"?
23. @iUnspoken: French Fries. Potatoes are fruits too you know. #whatihadfordinner
24. @cheanliang: I had the world's most expensive laksa, exported all the way to Switzerland. http://instagr.am/p/JwrOJ3jfv0/ #whatihadfordinner
25. @janicekoh: Homemade claypot rice. Plus a glass of red. Does that count as fruit? #whatihadfordinner (Grapes always count as fruit, Janice! -mb)
26. @mrbrown: #whatihadfordinner I had early dinner today: Soto Ayam and bakwan (vegetable fritter) soaked in chili sauce.