I have been watching the Barclays Premier League (BPL) situation for a while now, with great interest. I have to say, I sappork the Gahmen's move to make BPL shared content.
This means football fans can now return to watching BPL on your StarHub cable box, where it all began.
So here is a public service announcement for my readers who are football fans.
Starhub is throwing in a really attractive rebate -- SIX HUNDRED BUCKS!
The BPL deal StarHub is offering:
1. Enjoy a $30 rebate every month for the next TWO whole BPL seasons (so you are effectively paying $29.90 a month instead of $59.90).
2. New and existing customers with or without contracts are eligible.
3. NO bundling required, NO contract on the rebate.
4. And NO lags or freezes (this made me chortle because I remember the many fracases))
Bro-fist to StarHub for this aggressive move!
Three simple steps to apply (or watch the instructional video):
1. Get your NRIC and StarHub TV Subscription ID from your StarHub bill (or call 1633 for it to be text-ed to you)
2. Bring to any SingTel Shop and sign up for BPL cross-carried on StarHub TV
3. You will receive $30 rebate in your StarHub monthly bill automatically.
Note: You will need to switch to the HD HubStation set-top box if you haven't got one yet, to enjoy the BPL matches, as they will be broadcast in full HD.
Do visit www.starhub.com/therealbros for more details.
Bro tip: Sign up before the 12th of August, Monday, to catch the first games on 17 August! StarHub needs five working days after your subscription request to activate your channels.