I watch so many movies that I sometimes cannot find the time to review them all. But since the weekend is coming, I thought you might enjoy my roundup.
1. Split: James McAvoy acting very good, story so-so only. Saved by the actor. My feelings for the movie were split.
2. Jackie: Natalie Portman acting very good, movie a bit slow-moving. Helps if you know a bit about JFK and American history.
3. The Founder: Tastier than fast food and a surprisingly entertaining movie about McDonald's. Keaton's acting very tokong, you want to support him and punch him at the same time.
4. Resident Evil: The Final Chapter: Yay! Fitting end to the saga. So good, you can watch the first one and then this one. Skip the stinker with Li Bing Bing.
5. Hacksaw Ridge: Best war movie since Saving Private Ryan. You watch already you will want to be a combat medic. Makes you forgive Andrew Garfield for Spider-man and Mel Gibson for being himself.
6. Patriots Day: Very well-told story about the Boston Marathon bombings. Tense and kancheong. Mark Wahlberg is very good at these Based on a True Story movies. Like his previous Deepwater Horizon.
7. Allied: Brad Pitt and Marion Cotillard in a WWII Is-She-a-Gpod-Guy-Or-Not love story. Supposed to be based on a true story (so many on this list seems to be true stories hor?) Not a usual war movie but I enjoyed it. Got people cry in the cinema lor.