I just returned from Japan where it is snowing, and when I got off the plane in Singapore, I did not need to take off my jacket. For a moment, I thought I had entered a Mirror Universe. What happened to my Singapore? Where was the sticky heat and humidity? Where was the smell of sweat on the trains?
Here are ten signs that we are having a Singapore Winter:
1. This is your OOTD 👆 (For the curious, that is an Icebreaker Legion 3Q Trench Coat, a windproof, water-resistant soft shell with odor-resistant merino wool lining inside.)
2. 23°C at noon.
3. Aircon in bus is warmer than the air outside.
4. Everyone is dressed in Uniqlo.
5. Your son borrowed one of your cardigans.
6. You drink Teh C Kosong instead of Teh C Kosong Peng.
7. You are using heat packs in your pants.
8. Your table has a miniature heater.
9. You are wearing a wool beanie and no one laughs at you or calls you a Douchebag.
10. Kim Huat is not sleeveless.
11. You showered at your wife's water heater setting.