I was on a plane for many hours. I was on planes A LOT. Here is another bunch of mrbrown's Short-Attention-Span Movie Reviews.
1. 12 Strong. Thor is a Special Forces soldier sent to whack Al-Qaeda with a team of 12, after 9-11. Reasonably entertaining but very America Rah Rah.
2. The 15:17 to Paris. Based on the true story of three Americans who stopped a terrorist from shooting up a Paris train. Clumsy movie that used the real fellas acting as themselves. They can’t act. And the movie felt too long to tell the story of something that was over in a few seconds.
3. Den of Thieves. Gerard Butler as Major Crimes badass vs a bunch of professional bank robbers. Better than Geostorm, lousier than Olympus Has Fallen.
4. Ocean’s 8. Watched this on the last day of my time in SF, at an AMC cinema. Entertaining heist movie. The all-female cast was fun to watch. Awkwafina was a hoot. Not as good as Ocean’s Eleven (hard to beat the original) but way better than Ocean’s Twelve.
5. The Mountain Between Us. Kate Winslet and Idris Elba try to survive crashing into a snow-covered mountain. The Revenant this ain’t. But Kate held the show together. A little too long and draggy. Watch only if stuck on a plane with terrible movie selection (I’m looking at you, EVA Air).
6. Molly’s Game. Jessica Chastain is Molly Bloom, who was arrested by the FBI for running poker games for the rich and famous. Based on a true story. If you like Aaron Sorkin’s writing and dialogue, this movie will entertain you. Also stars Idris Elba, as her lawyer.